Tagged: aptana studio Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • danielsaidi 9:32 pm on April 4, 2011 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: ankhsvn, aptana studio, , git Bash, git extensions, , tfs,   

    Embed Git Bash into Visual Studio 

    I have started using git with my private .NET projects. It works really well, but even though I use TFS and AnkhSVN, which are both graphical tools, I do not like to work with git through Git Extensions. I use the terminal when working with git in OS X, and that’s the way I like it.

    So, being a Git Bash kinda guy in Windows, I find it annoying to have the bash in a separate window when working in Visual Studio, when IDE:s like Aptana Studio embeds it so well. After a quick search, I found some people who shared this frustration (I may exaggerate a bit) here:

    http://coderjournal.com/2011/03/adding-git-command-line-to-visual-studio/

    Happy joy! I’ll try it out tomorrow and write a short comment about how it went. Stay tuned.

     
  • danielsaidi 8:48 pm on August 12, 2010 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: aptana studio, get_class, ini file, is_string   

    Getting familiar with PHP 5.3.2 

    Since I am no real PHP developer (just pretending), I have just started to use PHP 5.3.2., although PHP 5.3.3. was released a while back. The reason for this is that I’ve just installed Aptana Studio 2, which comes with 5.3.2.

    After installing Aptana Studio 2, I tried to execute a build/packagetest operation for my latest Wigbi version. It did not work, due to two small modifications in PHP 5.3.2.

    First of all, get_class does not accept string parameters anymore, so I’ll just have to change all the places where I use it. Thank GOD for TDD and all unit tests!

    I have used get_class in functions where a parameter could either be a string or an object. Instead, I now use is_string, which actually is a lot cleaner and…better.

    I’ve also noticed that the parse_ini_file function is a bit shaky. It is no longer able to parse ini files that end with a row at which a parameter is specified (like all my previous ini files). The file cannot be parsed, probably since the line feed is considered to be a part of the parameter value.

    I solve this by just adding an extra line after the last parameter. It’s a bit annoying, but I guess that the change is meant to make the function follow some kind of standard, so those extra lines are fine, I guess.

    After adjusting my code to these changes, everything ran smoothly once again.

     
c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
Reply
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t
Go to top
l
Go to login
h
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
Cancel